This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
(Source: kaliskadyami, via loonygoblinofmagic)
6:50 am • 15 September 2014 • 223,817 notes
this is the happiest I’ve been in a long time
(Source: BuzzFeed, via hiyuck)
4:23 am • 15 September 2014 • 315,466 notes
70-year-old man beaten unconscious at public park
Scary news out of the Bay Area… In Hayward, police are looking for a man who punched out a 70-year-old man at a crowded park, leaving him unconscious on the ground without help for over an hour.
70-Year-Old Man Suffers Brain Trauma After Being Punched in Head at Hayward’s Kennedy Park
70-year-old Wang Wei-Wang was picking up recyclables at Kennedy Park on August 31, when he somehow got into altercation with some partygoers in the picnic area. One of the men struck Wang in the head, knocking him unconscious to the ground, where he was left lying for an hour before his wife came looking for him.
The group apparently continued to party on as Wang lay there unconscious, suffering significant brain trauma. There were approximately 10 to 20 people at this gathering, and nobody offered or bothered to help.
- About 6:45 p.m. Sunday, police said, Wei-Wang entered the park’s pavilion picnic area at 19501 Hesperian Blvd. to collect recyclables. At the same time, in the northeast area of the park near the horseshoe pit, a group of 10-20 adults was using the picnic area, possibly celebrating a birthday, Ormsby said.
Wei-Wang was approached by a female from the group who engaged him in conversation, according to police. Moments later, a male believed to be also from the group approached Wei-Wang and punched him in the head with enough force to cause him to fall to the ground and lose consciousness, Ormsby said.
Mr. Wang is still at the hospital in critical condition, and will likely suffer permanent brain damage.
Meanwhile, police are looking for the man who punched Wang. The suspect is described as an African American man standing six feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He was last seen getting into a beige vehicle and driving away. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Hayward Police at 510-293-7000 or the anonymous tip line at 510-293-7197.
read more: http://blog.angryasianman.com/2014/09/70-year-old-man-beaten-unconscious-at.html
5:25 pm • 14 September 2014 • 2,130 notes
This honestly made me tear up. Imagining how great he must have felt that his planned worked and choosing that risk paid off.
I also feel like him and the model have such good chemistry, they’re always so kind and loving to one another.
Holy shit what did he do?? That’s rad as hell!
Since the runway was going to have simulated rain, he wanted to make the outfit become colorful because of it rather than deflect it. He sewed dye into the seams and once the rain hit it the dye ran! Very simple but super effective. He was one of the two winners of that challenge.
Absolutely brilliant. Holy shit.
5:08 pm • 14 September 2014 • 220,703 notes
R.I.P. The 2976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11 and R.I.P. the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi and 35000 Pakistani people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit
this is the only september 11th post I’m reblogging
12:52 am • 13 September 2014 • 696,315 notes
- “The monetary cost for a rape victim to receive treatment at a hospital in the United States.”
EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS
what the actual FUCK
I wish I could even be shocked
Just gonna keep reblogging this
this is the biggest crock of fucking bullshit i’ve ever fucking seen FUCK
“but why didn’t you go to the hospital?”
Oh hey the United States is a fucking terrible crock of lies and bullshit. Is this news?
6:59 am • 10 September 2014 • 276,945 notes